Friday, September 7, 2018

My wool fairies, Waldorf inspired

I started doing Waldorf wool fairies about a month ago, when my son's teacher asked me if I could do it for their nature table. I had a big box of merino wool but something stopped me from doing such fairies. I had many pics saved on Pinterest, they all looked so magic and attractive but still hard to do.
Well, when I promised to make a fairy, I looked for a tutorial and started my first fairy. Here are the best tutorials I got:
(1) Standing wool fairy (it stands on a thick wire and a wooden circle)
(2) Standing wool fairy-2 (it's all felt and has armature)
(3) Hanging fairy

So this was my first fairy:

I wanted to make a standing fairy for the school, so then I did one more:

She was hairless for several weeks until I got my inspiration back and finished her quickly.
Then I tried little fairies with legs and created these two:

The green one has wet felted dress, which turned out too thick, but... let it live :-)

Then I wanted to create a pumpkin girl and decided to give it to our kindergarten. So I did this girl and some pumpkins:

Then I was asked to make 2 more fairies: for another kindergarten group and for another class at school. So yesterday I did another Ms. Pumpkin for the school:

And in the morning I've created Ms. Sunflower for the kindergarten:

Actually, I was going to post a tutorial with some tricks I had realized while making the fairies... but now I think I need to make a separate post with the tutorial :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Fairy tale Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template